Not all produce needs honeybees for pollination, but their sheer numbers and tenacity make bees powerhouse pollinators. If a plant is not wind-pollinated (like corn), you can probably thank honeybees for the produce. All of the ingredients below (except salt) depend on bees for pollination.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces cubed watermelon
- 12 ounces cubed honeydew
- 1 small English cucumber, cut lengthwise into thin ribbons (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons torn mint leaves
How to Make It
Place first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add melons, cucumber, and onion; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mint.
Credits for the recipe: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bee-utiful-summer-salad