If you’re not familiar with the joy of chewing on a piece of honeycomb, you’re in for a real treat with the garnish on this cocktail. Look for comb at specialty and farmers’ markets; some honey has it right in the jar. Use your best honey here; the more floral and vibrant it is, the better. Pair with a charcuterie board featuring rich cheeses, salty meats and fresh fruit to complete happy hour. Serve the drink with Radish and Arugula Crostini with Brie as a summertime appetizer.
- 1/4 cup hot water, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wildflower honey, divided
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) gin (such as Plymouth), divided
- 3 ounces (6 Tbsp.) dry vermouth, divided
- 3 ounces (6 Tbsp.) fresh orange juice, divided
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice, divided
- 8 ounces (1 cup) chilled club soda, divided
- 6 (3-in.) orange rind strips, divided
- 6 (3/4-in.) blocks honeycomb, frozen on cocktail picks
How to Make It
Step 1: Combine 2 tablespoons hot water and 2 1/4 teaspoons honey in a cocktail shaker. Add 1 cup ice, 3 ounces gin, 1 1/2 ounces vermouth, 1 1/2 ounces orange juice, and 1 ounce lemon juice. Cover with lid; shake 1 minute.
Step 2: Strain into 3 glasses; top each with 1 1/4 ounces club soda. Repeat procedure. Place 1 rind strip in each glass; garnish with honeycomb.
Credits for the recipe: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bees-knees-cocktail