Bake biscuits up to a day ahead, and keep in a sealed zip-top plastic bag.
- 2/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 10 ounce spelt flour (about 2 cups)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 1/2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Cooking spray
How to Make It
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425°.
Step 2: Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Step 3: Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a 7 1/2-inch square; cut into 12 rectangles. Place dough on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until lightly browned on edges and bottom.
Credits for the recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/orange-honey-thyme-biscuits