- # 10 leaves of spinach with stems
- # 1 ripe banana
- # 10 leaves of karipatta
- # 5 leaves of tulasi
- # 1 teaspoon organic honey (preferably raw)
- # 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- # Rock salt to taste
- # A pinch of black pepper
- # A pinch of cinnamon powder
Makes 1 serving
- (1) Wash spinach leaves by using normal water and then chop them finely.
- (2) Make small pieces of karipatta and tulasi leaves.
- (3) Cut the banana into small pieces.
- (4) Mix all these ingredients and put them into a blender. Add lemon juice, rock salt, black pepper and cinnamon powders to it. Blend it well.
- (5) Once all ingredients are properly blended, put one glass of drinking water to it. Again blend it well for two minutes.
- (6) Pour the mixture into a drinking vessel and add honey to it. Stir well.
Your Green Leafy Vegetable Smoothie is ready to drink!
- 1. Take this healthy smoothie during morning time after doing daily exercises.
- 2. Always consume the smoothie as soon as it is prepared. Otherwise, it tends to become thick and will lose its taste and nutrients.
- 3. Never strain the smoothie because we need to consume fibres too.
Organic Recipes by Priya Phulambrikar
Team Bee Basket
Founder, Green Birds Initiative